Land Rover has just announced the release of a new rugged mobile phone. While this phone may not change most peoples daily communications in the same way that an iPhone can, this phone appears to be built with the extreme use of adventurers and overlanders in mind. The Land Rover S1 is built built with some impressive specifications. It’s designed to operate in harsh environments, including:
- water submersible up to 1 meter
- Extra long battery life (1800 hours standby, 18 hours talk time)
- Dust and micro particle proof (IP-67 rated)
- Operation in temperature ranges -4º to 141ºF
- Puncture resistant to 1,065 psi of pressure
- 3 year unconditional guarantee
The phone also includes lots of user-friendly features such as GPS, FM radio, 2GB memory slot, 2MP camera, bluetooth capable, and built in Opera web browser. The bad news is that it is only available for the time being in the UK with Go Mobile. Priced at £299.99. (look closely at the wheel in that Defender picture… that’s a second phone strapped to the wheel). Click here for more info, pictures and video.